Director of IT Services
The Director of IT Services will provide strategic direction for the IT Service Desk functions including end-user support for all deployed technology solutions including customizations and proprietary solutions. Will develop a culture that ensures efficient, professional, and client-focused maintenance and support, including investigation, diagnosis, escalation/resolution, recovery, and communication; develop and manage to service-level objectives; monitor service desk trends and identify areas that might require user education or outreach; manage the team as project resources to work on one or more proactive projects and support a variety of technology deployment projects.
Specific Duties Include:
- Defining the operating model to deliver world class services increasing end-user success and overall experience
- Ensuring staff are trained and experienced in the areas of solution workflow, application performance, and infrastructure services within a hybrid environment
- Leading in the introduction and deployment of best practices for service support processes.
- Develops and delivers internal process documentation and training for the IT Services team members.
- Overseeing the creation of end-user technology training and collaborating with the L&D team to delivery training to end-users
- Ensuring team readiness, execution excellence, high productivity, and success
- Leading technology teams on planning and execution of projects and proactive services
- Developing meaningful metrics and reporting of service delivery performance across the enterprise
- Overseeing and supporting SLA reporting and governance
- Evaluating, defining, developing, and deploying new service support processes and/or enhancements with existing processes
- Overseeing the performance of service support staff; their budget and staffing needs
- Performing executive level escalation management
- Ensuring participation in beta testing of customizations and proprietary solutions
- Overseeing all hardware purchases such as PCs, mobile phones, telecom, and end-user configurations for the enterprise, as well as mobile contracts for the enterprise.
- Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location(s) by facilitating/participating in monthly open-book meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members.
- Foster an engaged work environment within the department, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long-term relationships with customers.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of R.D. Offutt Company and RDO Equipment Co.
- Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources.
- Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years managing support centers and software implementation functions
- High degree of technical and management expertise on SaaS platforms, services, and technical operations best practices and operational efficiencies
- Relevant technical experience supporting a variety of business applications, desktop and mobile technologies, business processes, enterprise systems, databases, and/or CRMs
- High degree of technical and management experience in Service Management, Continuous Delivery, and Service and Process Improvement to achieve operational efficiencies that deliver exceptional services to end-users
- Exceptional organizational, department, and client leadership
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Builds trust and strong relationships with stakeholders
- Effective leadership and direction under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and manage effectively in a continuous change and high performing environment
- Ability to promote a positive attitude throughout the organization, effective at inspiring and motivating department through any challenge and drives execution excellence and success
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)