Business Intelligence Developer (SQL Server)
The Business Intelligence Developer II (SQL Server) will play a critical role in executing on the analytics platform roadmap vision for R.D. Offutt and RDO Equipment Co. This role is responsible for developing database schema and ETL (extract, transform and load) activities to support the data platform implementation life cycle.
R.D. Offutt Company and RDO Equipment Co. approaches their goals and responsibilities in terms of its five principal stakeholders: Employees, Customers, Manufacturer Partners, Owners and Communities. These principal stakeholders have shaped the core values of the organization and provide a basis for our management decisions.
Employees: We are dedicated to being an organization that continually strives to be a great place to work.
Customers: We are dedicated to being a total solutions provider with the highest commitment to customer service.
Manufacturer Partners: We are dedicated to being a respected distributor for our manufacturer partners.
Owners: We are dedicated to building a strong and sustainable business for the future.
Communities: We are dedicated to being an exceptional corporate business citizen.
Specific Duties Include:
• Create, maintain and optimize procedures, database schema and ETL processes.
• Work with all levels of development from requirements through implementation and support.
• Interact with data facet owners to clarify their requirements and understand report specification implementations.
• Resolve reporting problems through collaboration with IT and Operations team members.
• Use requirements documents to create any necessary design documentation.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image R.D. Offutt Company and RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• B.S. degree in a technical discipline, Information Systems or Programming preferred.
• 3 or more years in database development using MS SQL Server 2012 or later.
• Experience with SQL Server Integration Services package development.
• Proficiency in the development of stored procedures and functions. Reading query plans, index development and troubleshooting database performance.
• Preferred experience in Data Warehousing OLAP development using SQL Server Analysis Services, Multidimensional or Tabular. Alternatively, developing models in Excel or Power BI or similar toolset.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical and communication abilities.
• Preferred familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle in an IT environment, and experience with Visual Studio and code management.
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.