Senior Data Architect
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Relocation assistance may be available. This position can be located in Minneapolis, MN or Sioux Falls, SD.
Support all aspects of Midco data strategy and enterprise data analytics. Focus on data structure design, meta-data management, and information availability across Midco departments.
- Lead data requirements assessment and data design sessions with business Analysts and SMEs.
- Design and implement data solutions that support short and long-term information and analysis goals while working closely with Midco’s Executive Team.
- Creates business, logical and physical data models for data warehouse and various transactional systems.
- Establish the scope of BI/Reporting projects by analyzing business problems and opportunities.
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions to fulfill data needs.
- Be available as a resource on data design methodologies and data architecture principles to IT developers.
- Ensure data integrity through regular communications with IT developers, Analysts and SMEs.
- Map the 'conceptual design' for planned databases, taking into consideration 'back end' organization of data and 'front end' accessibility for end users
- Refine 'logical design' so that it can be translated into a specific data model. Further refine 'physical design' to meet system storage requirements.
- Ensure data standards are consistently met.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary ('metadata').
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in data architecture and data modelling is required.
- Hands on experience in data design methodologies, logical/physical database design is required.
- Experience with developing SQL server scripts, stored procedures, OLAP cubes, data warehouses, and utilizing SSIS is preferred.
- Experience working with application developers or business analysts is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.