Multi-Media Sales Consultant
The Superior Daily Telegram is hiring a full-time Multimedia Sales Consultant to sell various multimedia display advertising. Additional duties include:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales strategies detailing new business development plans, prospecting targets, as well as activities needed to achieve sales goals.
- Understand all product offerings and how they provide value to businesses
- Dedicate a minimum of 25% (10 hours/week) of time to prospecting new business acquisition and approximately 35% (14 hours/week) to servicing, retaining and advancing existing clients.
- Complete thorough needs analysis for every client and makes clear connections between customer needs and product(s) offered, as well as lend expertise with the creative development of the campaign.
- Include all appropriate products (print, digital, broadcast) in recommended solutions
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and deliver customized presentations and maintain an acceptable presentation closing ratio.
- Provide market data, industry research, spec campaigns, and solutions for customers and prospects.
- Accurately identify, define, analyze and resolve problems. Follow through to ensure appropriate corrections are made, negotiate and process ad adjustments, as well as work closely with credit department to keep accounts current.
- Meet revenue goals and maintain an acceptable closing ratio.
- Two years sales experience, preferable in the newspaper industry or other media.
- Bachelor degree from a four year college or university.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment that often includes multiple, concurrent projects.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.