As an employee-owned company, Moore Engineering is committed to sustaining a family culture, coupled with sustainable business practices that create long-term value for employees and clients.
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and project data base.
- Enters client and project information into accounting software.
- Processes electronic timesheets and expense reports.
- Prepares accurate electronic drafts and final accounts receivable invoices and distributes final invoices as directed by Project Managers.
- Assists with coding, entering, and the timely paying of accounts payable.
- Prepares daily deposits.
- Performs electronic bank reconciliations.
- Facilitates new hire orientation for electronic timesheets.
- Assists with month end reporting information distribution, collection and data entry.
- Prepares and distributes accurate project management reports.
- Maintains and reconciles the petty cash box.
- Assists with month end closing procedures, including reconciling of the general ledger subsidiary accounts.
- Assists in preparing payroll, sales tax, and unclaimed property reports.
- Works closely with Project Managers and other departments including the Human Resources Department.
- Assists with preparing W2’s, 1099’s and other year- end reporting.
- Assists with audits and reconciling FAR accounts.
- Completes filing, orders supplies, and performs miscellaneous duties for accounting department including depositing cash receipts at the bank and other errands.
- Supports remote offices.
- Other duties as assigned or indicated.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a professional environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and experience with accounting software.
- Experience with pivot tables preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Confidentiality is required.
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Please Click Apply to be considered today!