This position provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director by handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using Microsoft Word.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Organize and schedule meetings.
- Record, type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems.
- File and retrieve documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong commitment to community and conservation
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, seasonal position with the possibility of becoming a year round position. Days and hours of work will vary according to the schedule of our Executive Director. A typical week will be from 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted until after the interview process has been completed.