Facility Maintenance Manager
Title: Facility Maintenance Manager (Full time, hourly position)
Reports to: General Curator
- Provides maintenance and repairs for the Red River Zoo’s buildings, equipment, exhibits, carousel and physical infrastructure.
- Follows and makes recommendations to the Zoo’s maintenance programs and schedules, documents maintenance procedure per schedule on daily, weekly monthly and seasonal schedules.
- Adheres to the Zoo’s purchasing policies and department budget
- This position involves working directly with other staff and departments to ensure proper development and maintenance of the Red River exhibitory, buildings and physical infrastructure.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize projects and work orders to maximize efficiency and safety for the staff and public. Ensure projects are ready and executed on time or reports delays in a timely manner. Coordination and scheduling of seasonal positions which may cross between different departments requires good planning and prioritizing skills.
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates productivity and efficiency. Sets an example of good work ethics, maturity and professionalism
- Assists with coordination of snow removal in winter months.
- Coordinates daily, weekly, monthly maintenance schedule of zoo equipment and carousel.
- Experienced in the safe operation of proper tools including power tools and skid steer
- Updates General Curator on department needs.
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate projects with multiple departments
- Assist with set up of special events or rentals when necessary
- Ensures AZA and USDA requirements are met with regards to non-animal exhibit buildings and grounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with minor repairs in plumbing, minor electrical, building and structural construction methods and techniques
- Planning, maintenance and scheduling processes for facility responsibilities
- Knowledge of, or ability to rapidly learn AZA and USDA standards.
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand the Red River Zoo’s Risk Management Program, Occupational Health and Safety Program, and Facilities Maintenance protocols.
- Must demonstrate integrity and a solid work ethic.
Apply for Facility Maintenance Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly