Electronic Control Technician
- Responsible for installing, calibrating, troubleshooting and maintaining control instrumentation systems for beet and sugar processing systems.
- Technician will install control networks and program the Delta V and RS III distributive control software including other associated hardware.
- Optimize the performance of control loops to ensure the efficient operation of the various processing systems.
- Work closely with Operations gaining a detailed understanding of operating parameters ensuring that maintenance interventions are both appropriate and effective.
- Advise Operations of process adjustment so the operating practices can be adjusted correspondingly.
- Ensure production equipment is properly configured and/or set up for desired control and feedback.
- Performs mechanical installations, repairs, and adjustments.
- Incumbents must have a 2-year technical degree in a related field
- Incumbents must have a High School diploma or a GED certificate
- Incumbents will be required to pass a Skills and Aptitude tests and Safety Screen.
- Incumbent must have a minimum of 3 years of instrument shop/electronic experience in all required instrumentation fields (as defined by the Position Description Essential Job Functions) OR a minimum of 3 years successful completion of the ACS ECT Apprentice program
- Must be able to read and write in English with the ability to comprehend and interpret technical literature.
- Must be computer literate possessing strong keyboarding skills, be able to navigate in a Windows Operating Environment, and must be competent in the use of a word processing software program.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must have demonstrated mathematical skills including familiarity with the metric system.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of physics principles.
- Must have the ability to think in abstract terms, solve complex problems and apply troubleshooting skills.