Assistant Store Director Hornbacher's
To manage the store in the absence of the Store Director. To organize and direct store activities to ensure total store sales, profit and expense goals. To directly manage the Grocery, Drug and Fresh Departments.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Promotes a customer-focused approach to growth by creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic personalized customer service. In the absence of the Store Director, resolves customer relations issues. Provides leadership to create and maintain positive public relations and involvement with the community.
- Provides leadership and direction to all store associates. Trains and supervises all Department Managers (except Pharmacy & Service Operations) and other store associates in all store activities, policies, and procedures. Interviews and selects individuals to fill grocery/drug jobs.
- Is responsible for the profitability of the total store. Practices aggressive cost control for all in-store operating, maintenance and supply costs. Ensures that individual departments effectively schedule work hours and control overtime expenditures. Follows proper administrative procedures and completes all required reports.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and following schematics and merchandising of weekly merchandising newsletter. Participates in all store activities in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the store. Implements Company and Regional merchandising, operating and advertising policies & procedures. Meets frequently with Department Managers to review ads, sales plans, store conditions, store promotions. Works to attain budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Reviews and analyzes P&L statements. Develops and implements plans to reduce department shrink. Determines labor coverage needs for departments based on an analysis of current and projected sales and market conditions, and schedules associates based on those needs.
- Determines proper inventory levels in departments and establishes procedures for maintaining proper inventory levels to eliminate out-of-stock conditions. Coordinates all communication to venders on product amounts and placement. Supervises the receipt of stock by associates.
- Monitors and complies with government and Albertsons safety and sanitation regulations and wage and hour laws. Manages pricing integrity in the store by providing support to the Scanning Department and ensuring proper signing standards.
Number of Associates Supervised: Directly: 4 - 6 Department Managers Indirectly: All store associates
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Food Safety Certification Required within 90 days.
- Department Manager experience preferred
- Fresh/Center Store department experience preferred
- College degree
- Good management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Requires a thorough understanding of store operations and Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to interpret profit and loss statements. Requires the knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Requires the physical ability to be able to cover for various positions throughout the store as required.
- May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of approximately -20 Fahrenheit, 28 Fahrenheit, and 35 Fahrenheit, while handling products in freezers, coolers and display cases. Temperatures of approximately 150 Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases. Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled store environment.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Incumbent may sit for periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.