Part-Time Online Shopper Village West Hornbacher's
Job Title: Online Shopping Clerk (Job Code #002352)
Department: Online Shopping
Reports To: Online Shopping Supervisor
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to provide prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service in addition to shopping for and ringing up online orders.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Provide the best experience for our online shopping customers
- Ensure quality selection of product
- Execute on delivery times and order accuracy
- Follow department safety and sanitation programs for selection, transportation and delivery
- Observe standards and procedures regarding store security and confidentiality
- Effective communication with other departments and store staff
- Provide comparable products for substitution
- Prepare orders for delivery by ringing up and bagging orders in an efficient and effective manner
- Checking expiration dates throughout the store during slow periods
- Physical: walking, bending, kneeling, able to reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weighing up to 50 lbs., equipment operation (intercom, telephone, scanner, register, scale, shopping cart)
- Mental: judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, memorization, reading, writing, & math
Maintaining a positive presence on the sales floor
- Greet, Offer, & Thank all customers
- Assist customers by bringing them to the location of product
- Ensure the aisles are clear of debris at all times
Attention to detail
- Checking product for the highest quality
- Properly scans and bags product
- Accurate shopping of customer orders
- Ability to Greet, Offer, & Thank all customers
- Effectively communicate with other departments and store staff
- Ability to receive feedback and implement processes for improvement
- Ability to follow directions from the Supervisor
Time management skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without direct supervision in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on customer and business needs
*Must be able to work a variety of shifts; including nights, weekends, & holidays.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.