The Leasing Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service to current and potential residents by showing open apartments, responding to complaints, resolving issues, and proactively building positive relationships. They assist in the marketing of the property, and participate in resident appreciation events on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure decisions made and work completed represent GOLDMARK culture.
- Maintain maximum occupancy of properties by building long term relationships with current residents and securing renewals of existing leases. Show apartments to prospective residents. Sell prospects on the apartment and complete necessary leasing paperwork. Follow up with prospects to continue the sales process. Obtain proper information for credit and background checks. Track all prospect information and contacts made.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with residents.
- Follow all Fair Housing and EPA laws and regulations as well as government programs such as Section 42, Section 8 and MN 4(d) when leasing apartments.
- Assist with advertising and marketing of properties.
- Respond to requests, questions and complaints, making referrals to manager or maintenance staff as appropriate.
- Schedule and perform apartment move-ins and move-outs. Coordinate with vendors as needed.
- Assist with rent collection, entry into Yardi; make deposits and distribution of delinquency notices.
- Conduct property, building, and apartment inspections to help ensure the attractive appearance of all; including picking up trash and reporting maintenance needs to the maintenance technicians.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Duties described above are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required, employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- Strong sales skills and aptitude with confidence and drive to close the sale.
- Customer service experience and a strong customer service mind-set.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task, and prioritizes responsibilities.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- A high school degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience in property management or a related industry is preferred, but not required.
- National Apartment Leasing Profession (NALP) or similar certifications are desirable.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information.
- Will involve expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the English language.
- Bilingual skills including English may be strongly preferred for some sites.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and vehicle insurance.
- This position may be assigned to work at other locations within a specific geographical area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift or move up to 25 pounds, and speak clearly and hear well.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be willing to work extended hours in a demanding and sometimes stressful environment. Evening and weekend work is frequently required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be periodically required to work outside and may be exposed to cold, rain, wind, and other weather conditions customary to their location.
- Responsible for acting in a safe manner at all times and ensuring that other employees do not put themselves or others at risk; working safely is a condition of employment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.