The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance of assigned properties in a cost-effective, timely manner, contributing to resident satisfaction and retention. They provide exceptional customer service and perform preventive maintenance while maintaining a professional image at all times. They ensure the attractive appearance and physical integrity of all buildings and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure decisions made and work completed represent GOLDMARK culture.
- Complete assigned Service Requests related to repairs and upkeep of properties. This includes areas of heating, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, flooring and other general repairs. Recommending replacement or repair as necessary. Ensure that all work completed is professional and clean.
- Maintain an organized working inventory of routine parts and supplies at the site garage. Utilize required safety equipment at all times.
- Perform seasonal maintenance duties as listed on the Spring/Winter checklist.
- Provide ongoing input on continued property improvements for budget consideration. Participate in Site meetings as needed.
- Ensure the attractive internal and external appearance of all buildings and grounds, which may include removing debris and weeds, and reporting maintenance needs.
- Prepare open apartments for rental within 24 to 72 hours. This may include coordinating the work of other staff or vendors.
- Participate in ongoing training to build and maintain knowledge and skills required for the position.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Travel to other sites and/or locations may be required.
Duties described above are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required, employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- HVAC, EPA Universal, Boilers License and Pool Certifications may be preferred, but not required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
- High School or equivalent education with one to two years’ related experience and/or training preferred.
- A well-organized and self directed individual who is a team player.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English Language.
- Bilingual, including English, skills may be strongly preferred at some sites.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form.
- Must have own hand tools, a valid driver’s license, vehicle and vehicle insurance.
- Must be willing to learn and utilize electronic work systems.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, although actual hours vary by location.
- May be required to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Will be scheduled to work on-call evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Must be able to lift 20 to 50 pounds on a regular basis; on occasion will lift up to 100 pounds.
- Will use near vision at 20 inches or less to far vision of 20 feet or more; as well as depth perception to judge distance and spacial relationships.
- Must be able to shovel and remove snow where geographically applicable.
- Requires walking through buildings and exterior grounds on a daily basis.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, stoop, lift and reach on a frequent basis.
- Will involve expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work outside and will be exposed to cold, rain, wind, and other weather conditions customary to their location.
- Responsible for acting in a safe manner at all times and ensuring that other employees do not put themselves or others at risk; working safely is a condition of employment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.