Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Priorities include process improvement,problem resolution, project management and employee training by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates, develops and improves manufacturing operations.
- Ensures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished-product and process capabilities, establishing standards, and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates with product development and manufacturing operations teams.
- Resolves issues and contributes to facility development.
- Monitors and maintains department productivity.
- Manages the work efforts of team members.
- Displays broad knowledge of the field with strong leadership skills.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Recommends revision of methods of operation or material handling, alterations in equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Prepares charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Designs, develops, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Participate in concurrent engineering and manufacturing design reviews.
- Support ECO/ECR process, routings, SOP and other documents.
- Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production arena.
- Support product development activities of new product launch.
- Support the development of a lean manufacturing culture.
- Development of tooling/fixtures required for production.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Utilize root cause analysis to improve the manufacturing processes.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
- Conduct Design for Manufacturability sessions to assist in total production reduce times.
- Oversee the development of CNC programing
Directly supervises the facility’s Manufacturing Engineering team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a related field or equivalent; and four to ten years related experience in manufacturing process engineering and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional teamwork skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Proven ability to analyze data and effectively present findings to management, co-workers, and customers. Highly creative and analytical mindset with exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of manufacturing and inventory software, CAD software, project management software, spreadsheet and word processing software. Extensive computer skills including statistical analysis and willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
*Each employee should be aware that changes in the job description could occur at any time. Also, this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.