Multimedia Sales Consultant
RiverTown Multimedia is seeking a successful, experienced Multimedia Sales Consultant in the Digital category who possesses the knowledge and drive to help local businesses increase market share through real time solutions and products that deliver superior results. This position is responsible for developing and increasing digital revenue by generating new business for RiverTown Multimedia, successfully collaborate and team with other sales reps and provide digital team training. This will include both project based and regular sales efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively prospect for new accounts in assigned and unassigned markets.
- Follow-up on all prospects, account leads, inquiries and assigned accounts in a timely fashion.
- Prepare list of prospects from other competing markets/ products and inactive accounts.
- Inform all clients about products being offered.
- Make appointments; handle correspondence in written, oral and electronic form.
- Assist on 4-legged sales calls with RTM sales consultants.
- Sell advantages of RTM digital products and propose programs to current and prospective clients.
- Obtain pertinent information concerning prospect’s past and current advertising for use in sales presentation.
- Analyze clients’ needs, use consultative selling techniques and up-sell products
- Determine rates and calculate total charge for customer.
- Process orders from clients, including typing advertisement into the computer system, preparing layout when needed, taking payments and marking for follow up.
- Meet established revenue goals.
- Assist and train current RTM personnel in the Digital category.
- Conduct digital seminars for RTM, follow up on leads and successfully close sales.
- Comply with all forms and orders necessary to facilitate accurate advertising orders.
- Know and follow all of the policies and procedures inherent to the advertising and production departments.
- Monitor payments and help collect past due amounts.
- Assist in creation and sales of innovative and aggressive programs and revenue-generating concepts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or five years successful sales experience in digital/newspaper advertising sales and/or equivalent combination of digital education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, with heavy emphasis on digital product lines in SEM, SEO, Display, Geo Fencing, etc., along with strong competency on a networked Windows PC platform.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Contagious desire to learn, excel and succeed.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must have a reliable vehicle with an acceptable level of insurance coverage.