Clinic Nursing Supervisor-Devils Lake
The Supervisor of Clinic Nursing is actively involved in daily operations and oversight of clinic nursing staff. This Supervisor develops collaborative working relationships with internal customers and establishes performance standards and works to continually improve the quality of service. The Supervisor conducts staff performance reviews and actively recognizes and rewards staff performance. Meets regulatory and administrative guidelines and supports corporate Mission, Vision, and Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission, vision and values of Altru Health System.
- Performs pain assessment and takes appropriate action according to standard operating procedure.
- Advises the Manager of significant or unexpected variances, assisting with hiring, disciplinary action and separation of employees. Demonstrates an understanding of the budget while assisting the Manager in keeping within the fiscal constraints.
- Participates in the development and implementation of administrative policies, procedures, job descriptions and necessary updates.
- Supervises employee performance and progress and completes performance evaluations of employees within timelines.
- Assists Clinic Nurse Scheduler and assures appropriate staffing and scheduling of employees i.e., PTO, phone coverage, etc.
- Provides care, services and instruction, and maintains continuity of care on an "as needed" basis within scope of practice, functions as a resource for the staff and physicians regarding procedures, patient care and customer issues.
- Identifies, conducts follow-up and takes action on unsatisfactory outcomes, customer services issues, unusual findings, specials needs and requests and reports issues to the Manager and Altru Risk Manager, as required.
- Reviews patient and customer satisfaction surveys, follows-up with patient and families regarding customer complaints and works towards resolution of problems, concerns and dissatisfaction.
- Assists in providing professional growth and educational opportunities to staff and coordinates educational efforts in conjunction with the Learning and Organizational Development Department.
- Responsible for the On-Boarding process for incoming clinic nursing staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Registered Nurse licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensed through the "Compact State Agreement."
- Nurses assigned to contact or provide care for Minnesota residents must obtain a Minnesota license from the Minnesota Board of Nursing prior to making contact.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a health care setting.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written format.
- Demonstrates the ability to be outwardly engaging, approachable and flexible.
- Demonstrates the ability to motivate people and identify, coordinate and apply resources effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Successful completion of the functional assessment.
- Previous clinic and/or supervisory experience.