Home Respiratory Care Equipment Technician
The Home Respiratory Therapy Equipment Technician helps provide service to those renting Respiratory Equipment. Respiratory Equipment is checked based on manufacturer guidelines. The Respiratory Equipment Technician will communicate with buyers to assist with ordering supplies and equipment and will also assist with answering phones when needed.
- Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission, vision and values of Altru Health System.
- Provides input and development of formal marketing plan for Altru Specialty Services and participates in marketing activities.
- Assures maintenance and cleanliness of delivery vehicles according to standard operating procedure.
- Inputs into the computer and documents inventory numbers of equipment or supplies according to standard operating procedure, tracks equipment for preventative maintenance.
- Conducts deliveries, pick-ups and mail outs as required and coordinates with patients and with Respiratory Therapist, if necessary. Maintains adequate knowledge related to third party reimbursement.
- Initiates follow-up visits on non-clinical home respiratory care patients receiving rental equipment, participates in follow-up troubleshooting activities when equipment problems occur, and documents according to standard operating procedure, if applicable.
- Obtains signed documentation from home visit for each patient to ensure maximum reimbursement potential and to meet all regulatory requirements (i.e., signatures, etc.) and distributes to appropriate Respiratory Therapist for review, if applicable.
- Obtains signed orders from physician for any changes or discontinuation of orders and contacts physician whenever clarification of orders is judged necessary. Distributes necessary paperwork to appropriate Respiratory Therapist for review.
- Requests assistance from co-worker or Manager when it is judged that an item of equipment cannot be lifted or transported alone safely.
- Provides appropriate patient set up, education, teaching and support to the patient and family for equipment items in the home setting under the clinical direction of a Respiratory Therapist. Provides follow up and on-call services to patients using DME equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver's License.