IT Network Administrator
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
The Network Administrator will provide hardware, software and network problem resolution to all users. The employee is primarily responsible for assisting to resolve and clearly communicate resolutions in a friendly/non-technical manner to all users. The position reports to the IT Director.
General Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field;
· 3 to 5 years related experience in systems design, programming, systems software and support.
· Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Unix system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
· Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
· Analytical and problem solving skills;
· Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work;
· Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.