Business Analyst - Oracle Projects
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
The IT Business Analyst focused on the Projects Modules of Oracle serves as the primary interface between the Finance, Operations and IT development teams. The employee is primarily responsible for understanding the work processes of our business, evaluating and integrating IT products and services to meet business needs or business process improvements. The Business IT Analyst is responsible for overall customer satisfaction, problem resolution assistance, and development and adherence to service level agreements. The position reports to the CFO.
General Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Responsible for implementing/supporting the Oracle PA module;
• Works in partnership with business groups to assess IT needs and assist with planning and budgeting;
• Evaluates various business problems and recommends solutions utilizing current computer technology while judging the strategic value of the solution;
• Analyzes the internal processes of business groups and suggests improvements through the application of technology (Business Process Improvement);
• Develops business case in accordance with IT Solution Delivery and Lifecycle process;
• Maintains relationship with internal/external vendor(s) for support and development;
• Develops and monitors service level agreements between business groups and IT service providers;
• Communicates frequently face-to-face with business managers and key IT contacts on status of IT projects affecting their business;
• Lead requirements gathering efforts (Business Process/Functional and Technical Specifications) for the Project Costing & Billing application. Play an active role in the entire SDLC – requirements gathering, gap analysis, functional design, development, testing, deployment, training and operations support;
• Work on extensive Process design/GAP analysis and process maps;
• Work closely with business stakeholders to collect information related to business needs and create documents that can be used by SME's and IT to improve both process and applications;
• Work with On-site & Offshore development team for development & Support;
• Responsible for understanding business requirements and converting them into system design with the help of system architects;
• Works on creating functional requirement documents, test cases and test scripts.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated leadership, project management knowledge and skills;
• Experience of managing business relationships, including requirement gathering and definition;
• Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work preferred;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Possesses a broad knowledge of available IT tools currently used to meet business requirements;
• Advanced MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and reporting tools;
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and upper management;
• Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles;
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated;
• Implementation & Support of Oracle Projects costing & Billing (R12), Receivables(R12), Payables(R12), GL(R12);
• Experience with Oracle 12.2 Extra Advantage;
• Experience with building & supporting Customizations.
• Experience with Oracle EBS;
• Experience interviewing SME's and documenting process workflow;
• Experience with database and tools like SQL;
• Experience with data analysis & data reconciliation;
• Experience with system integrations;
• Experience working within the construction industry is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
• 5 to 10 years related experience in business systems analysis.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.