Forum Communications is hiring a full-time a Computer Technician in Fargo, ND. As a Computer Technician you will provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware or software, answer questions, isolate problems and determine and implement solutions. You are the first person most employees will come to for help resolving their computer related problems. Other responsibilities include:
- Support and maintain the computer systems and software of Forum Communications Company.
- Take ownership of & resolve issues in the ticketing system from internal customers.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Assist with monitoring & maintenance of system backups.
- Bachelors degree, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or comparable experience in a computer related field.
- Familiarity with PCs and Macs. Google Apps experience a plus.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required.
- Have a positive attitude and ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical staff.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities but will require a willingness to help the team.
- Must possess a reliable vehicle covered with acceptable insurance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.