The President/CEO of the Sisseton Wahpeton Federal Credit Union (SWFCU) will plan, direct and control all SWFCU activities in accordance with SWFCU plans, policies, directives, and activities as established by the Sisseton Wahpeton Federal Credit Union Board of Directors (Board of Directors). Ensure the SWFCU is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Provide strategic direction, vision, leadership, professionalism and management in all functional areas. Performs managerial and administrative tasks possessing an understanding of accounting procedures. Interested in the welfare of the people with a thorough understanding of the SWFCU philosophy. Must be bondable and be able to pass a background check.
Supervision: Under the general supervision of the Sisseton Wahpeton Federal Credit Union Board of Directors.
Qualifications: Education and Experience – Bachelor of Arts/Science in Business, Accounting or Financial Management required from an accredited college. A minimum of three (3) years experience in banking or financial services. A minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring financial stability and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interest of the members, employees, and the SWFCU.
- Direct all SWFCU operations, which include planning, implementing and improving programs, policies and procedures.
- Individually and/or through subordinates, provide strategic administrative direction and management in all SWFCU functions to include: accounting, business development, compliance, facility management, finance, human resources, investments, lending, marketing, operations, risk management and security.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the SWFCU and establish office procedures to utilize staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote loans and services, to provide outstanding member service, ensure professionalism of staff, and to achieve the goals of the SWFCU.
- Ensure that the SWFCU is in compliance with the federal laws and regulations set forth by the NCUA. Provide information as required by law regarding the Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR).
- Recruit and select qualified applicants for vacancies ensuring that the SWFCU is adequately staffed with competent employees. Evaluate the job performance of SWFCU management to ensure quality service to members.
- Conduct board meetings on a monthly and as needed basis to ensure the dissemination of information exchange of ideas, resolution of issues.
- Develop activities to promote the growth and development of the SWFCU.
- Build and ensure staff builds positive relationships with SWFCU membership.
- Prepare regular reports for the Board of Directors in order to enable them to make informed decisions to direct the overall affairs of the SWFCU.
- Any other requirements of law.
- One Page Cover Letter
- Resume (highlight prior supervisory banking experience).
- Three (3) Letters of Reference.
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college (if applicable).
- Copy of Applicant’s Valid Driver’s License.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled.
Submit application, resume and required documentation to:
Sisseton Wahpeton Federal Credit Union
45665 Veterans Memorial Drive
P.O. Box 627
Agency Village, SD 57262
Fax: (605) 698-3907