The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment’s brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Overall responsibility for management and supervision of the manufacturing, industrial, and quality engineering teams. Focused on improved quality, safety, on time delivery, and cost. Plans, directs, and coordinates improvements in manufacturing methods, product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required.
2. Improve product quality to meet minimum standards and exceed customers’ expectations.
3. Increase productivity levels to world class standards.
4. Improve ME/IE/QE efficiency by establishing clear priorities.
5. Create a culture of quality is everyone’s responsibility.
6. Create a culture of innovation and structured data driven problem solving.
7. Improve throughput and quality through the factory by managing the review of space requirements, design layouts, and the reduction of DPU by managing quality at the source.
8. Lead problem solving initiatives focused on improving quality, safety, on time delivery, and cost.
9. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance.
10. Provide consistent communication of objectives, results, and performance parameters to the team and the management.
11. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
12. Provide leadership in all new product development projects to ensure flawless launch.
13. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
14. Provide leadership to the Business Unit (BU) engineering group as needed to support BU and Corporate business objectives. This includes the development of a strategic vision for the department as well as providing effective support for all aspects of the organization through the creation of cost effective, innovative products and processes.
15. Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by the employer.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field
10-plus years related experience
Master’s degree in related field
Six Sigma Certification
Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
Experience in managing manufacturing or quality engineering
Experience in continuous improvement or operational excellence
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.