Senior Project Manager
This position is responsible to manage complex and/or multiple construction projects to promote quality outcomes, provide a safe working environment, and maximize financial performance.
Please include resume when applying.
- Establishes and/or manages construction project costs for multiple construction projects to promote quality outcomes, provide a safe working environment, and maximize financial performance
- Identifies and controls project risk, in coordination with the project team, to promote quality outcomes, provide a safe working environment, and mitigate financial exposure
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders to promote project efficiency and position Knutson for future opportunities
- Identifies, initiates, and/or participates in business development opportunities with existing and new clients to support the growth objectives of Knutson
- Participates in the selection, training, development, and performance of project management staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce
- Knowledge of and skill in participating in owner contract negotiations including making recommendations on contract terms
- Skill in identifying and managing contractor related risk
- Ability to resolve complex employee problems
- Demonstrated ability to resolve highly complex constructability issues
- Knowledge of and basic skill in using personal computers and related Microsoft software including project management applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply construction processes
- Basic knowledge of quality and constructability issue
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply project management principles (such as scheduling and estimating)
- Knowledge of subcontracting processes including soliciting bids, reviews of scopes, and drafting contracts
- Basic knowledge of project budgets and change management processes
- Basic knowledge of KC accounting processes and systems
- Basic knowledge of permitting processes
- Skill in verbal and written communication with project teams, subcontractors, field personnel and owners
- Skill in facilitating meetings (as assigned)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines for multiple projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or a related field and 10+ years of commercial general contracting experience Or Associate’s Degree in a construction related field and 10+ years of commercial general contracting experience. Construction-related certifications are desirable.
Knutson is an Equal Opportunity Contractor/Employer.