Meyer Contracting Inc., a Native American Minority owned Contractor, is a multifaceted operation that includes: Earthwork & Grading, Pipe & Utilities, Concrete Structures, General Contracting & Ground Up Building Construction. We hire only the best and brightest in the industry. As one of the fastest growing companies in the construction industry, we consistently work on new and unique projects – and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Currently, we are looking for an entry levelField Engineer to join our team at our Maple Grove, Minnesota location. This will be a full-time position with the possibility of working on different field assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements.
- Provide technical support for construction, including participation in construction planning, execution, quality control, and completion of the work.
- Interface with on-site construction crews as required ensuring safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to the overall project schedule, and tracking productivity goals.
- Perform bid takeoffs and use Agtek Software to do modeling and dirt takeoffs.
- Monitor and report construction work progress, quantities, and daily labor. Identify any variance from the Project Plan.
- Monitor Contractor safety performance.
- Ensures assigned subcontractors activities are performed in accordance with the Purchase Order/Contract.
- Deliver bid packages.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- HeavyJob experience a plus
- GPS experience a plus
- CADD experience a plus
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed and organized
- Self-motivated and independent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field with 0-3 years’ experience
- Proficient in MS Software (including: Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Must be willing to travel
What We Offer:
We offer competitive wages along with benefits which include: medical, dental, life insurance plans, short term & long term disability insurance, paid time off (vacation/illness/personal days), paid holidays, competitive compensation, and retirement plan (401k) with company employer contribution.
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.meyerci.com
Meyer Contracting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.