Prairie St. John's, a 110-bed psychiatric care facility located in Fargo, North Dakota, has been providing services for children, adolescents and adults to address mental health issues, chemical dependency or addiction and co-occurring disorders since 1997. Prairie offers a full-service psychiatric and addiction Continuum of Care. This Continuum of Care includes inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, residential treatment, intensive outpatient services and clinic services.
Prairie St. John's currently has a Collector position available. The candidates selected will be responsible for the following:
- Serves as the primary collector for all types of insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, HIS, Holds, Rule 25, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica. This includes follow-up on all submitted claims for reimbursement to ensure correct and timely processing of claims and proper payment of claims; coordinating third party denial information; working denials through the appeals process; and creating the appropriate documentation in AR patient account notes.
- Generates bills for all outpatient and inpatient charges by downloading, entering and adjusting data.
- This position will be scheduled to work 40 hours per week Monday through Friday.
At least 3 years of medical accounts receivable and billing experience.
- Prior experience with Medicare and Medicaid billing preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate in a professional manner in both verbal and written format.
- Must have proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office products.