Service Technician (Truck Center)
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of equipment and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Based upon their level of expertise, the Service Technician may work under direct supervision. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
Specific Duties Include:
• Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
• Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
• Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership's area of responsibility
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Truck Centers.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent mechanical skills
• Trade-specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 75lbs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Graduation from related diesel technology program preferred
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.