Service Technician (Truck Center)
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Based upon their level of expertise, the service technician may work under direct supervision.
Specific duties include:
• Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Perform diagnosis and repair.
• Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components.
• Identify and implement solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership's area of responsibility
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership's area of responsibility.
• Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers so as to present a professional image of the RDO Truck Centers.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Service Manager and assist other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participate in any and all appropriate training.
• Attend all RDO Truck Centers functions and meetings.
• Follow all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Excellent mechanical skills
• Set of tools
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
• Excellent oral communication and written skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Graduation from related diesel technology program (preferred)
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.