QA - Assistant Manager
Develops implements, maintains and improves the Quality Assurance programs which assure food quality and safety. Ensures that finished products meet product specifications as outlined by the customer’s functional needs, food safety specifications and service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develop, implement and update BRC Food Safety/Quality Systems, HACCP, Internal Audits, Recall, Traceability, Environmental Monitoring, Allergen Control and other food safety/quality programs to ensure product food safety/quality meet or exceed requirements from regulatory, customer, and Trident Seafoods Co.
- Review and analyze records/data, identify opportunities, and report on trends to drive progress toward food safety metrics including Foreign Material Incidents.
- Manage new product transfer from product development and ensure robust systems in place to support new manufacturing processes and products.
- Manage food safety data and processes within Product Lifecycle Management and Laboratory Information Management programs to drive streamlining within the food safety realm.
- Provide food safety and technical support to departments throughout the organization
- Develop food safety education and training tools.
- Support continuous improvement projects and cross-functional quality initiatives.
- Adhere to GMP’s, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations consistently
- Interface with staff regarding changes in procedures to promote consistency throughout department teams.
- Communicate with Warehouse, Production, Supply Chain, Sanitation, Maintenance, and R&D to help implement continuous improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Supervises, trains and provides leadership to team members.
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Bachelor's degree (BS) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training in Food Science, Biology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 years supervisory experience in a food production/quality assurance environment.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran
With our recent growth there’s never been a better time to join the Trident team than right now. Go ahead and take the first step by completing our online employment application!