Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel. Manages parts operations within the dealership to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, employee coaching, employee development, inventory control, and expense control. Optimizes parts department processes.
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development/coaching activities for employees reporting to this position
- Develops and executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Works with the Corporate Parts Manager to develop and follow an annual parts department budget to provide realistic, attainable and measureable parts sales and profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational objectives
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures
- May submit all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals
- Ensures all department tools, equipment and vehicles are in good working order
- Assists with counter sales to support customer needs, and answers incoming phone calls
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience/Ability to lead others
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- 2-4 year Business Degree or equivalent experience
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicles and have a clean MVR
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. In addition, this position requires that an individual have strong communication abilities, both verbally and in writing. He/she must be able to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and peers. An ability to apply general mathematical concepts and to figure percentages, along with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables is required. Practical computer experience and a day-to-day working knowledge of computers is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, drive and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration while moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay 45,000-70,000 annually, depending on experience level
- Full time with benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability, PTO, company provided uniforms, and more