Job ID: 9540
Agency: Department of Human Services
Salary: $18.63 + per hour, depending on qualifications
Closing date: Open Until Filled
For more information on the Department of Human Services, please visit http://dhs.sd.gov.
The Department of Human Services, Office of Budget and Finance, is looking for a motivated and detailed oriented individual to fulfill the duties of the Accountant/Auditor I position. The Accountant/Auditor I is responsible for maintaining and developing contracts and contract amendments each fiscal year to ensure compliance. In addition, this position is responsible for initiating and completing audits of providers' Medicaid cost reports and developing specific solutions or recommendations to ensure compliance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- ensuring appropriate contract language is present in each agreement;
- determining if grant obligations and expenditure data are allowable within the time frame of the contract;
- determining if fund authority is available for Divisions to enter into contracts or amend existing contracts;
- preparing and maintaining financial records to ensure accuracy and compliance with laws and standards;
- gaining an understanding of the accounting/audit function and the services of the Department of Human Services.
Other responsibilities include analyzing provider Medicaid cost reports, creating and reviewing financial reports, providing technical guidance, providing accurate calculation of rates for providers receiving federal and state funded monies, completing federal reports, monitoring spending, and maintaining grant compliance.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or business administration.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS);
- modern office equipment and computer software applications;
- Excel program functions including query and pivot table (preferred).
- effectively organize and prioritize multiple projects;
- complete work in an accurate and timely fashion;
- interpret rules and regulations and make timely and accurate decisions;
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- analyze and interpret financial reports.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/yaw2ou8t
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"