What You’ll Be Doing
The primary functions of the CAD Operator position are to assist the engineering staff with preparation of Outside Plant (OSP) maps and other miscellaneous drawings.
You’ll Be Responsible For
- Cad Operators use Geographical Information Systems (GIS) techniques and design to create system maps of company assets.
- Maintain, digitize, update and distribute GIS data.
- Create and manage new GIS related data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
Education – PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in CAD/GIS or a related discipline.
- A minimum of two (2) years direct work experience in CAD/GIS and database management may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the field of GIS.
- Overall understanding of Geographical Information Systems mapping techniques and design.
- The Cad Operator position requires intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- GPS Experience preferred but not required
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
- CAD Operator must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- May be required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report, for certain positions after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
In addition to the preferred requirements listed above; the following are not required but advantageous in the CAD Operator position:
- Knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS software
- Strong understanding of typical GIS best practices and theory.
- Expertise using Esri ArcGIS 10.x desktop
- Working knowledge of GIS techniques such as map production, editing, and geocoding
- Expertise in AutoDesk AutoCAD software