Certified Electrical Inspector
Come and join our team of talented people and enjoy a variety of work and stable employment.
Seeking Master Electricians! Wages: $24.77 - $30.96/hour (2018 wage range) Starting wage dependent on experience. Under general supervision of the Chief Building Inspector, this employee performs skilled electrical inspection work related to enforcement of national, state and local electrical codes for commercial buildings, in addition to one-and two-family dwellings; does related work as assigned.
Possess some knowledge of:
- Building, HVAC, and plumbing construction materials, methods and practices
- Building, HVAC, and plumbing codes
- Applicable federal, state, and local building, and HVAC codes
Possess a working knowledge of:
- Blueprints and plan specifications.
- City code of ordinances related to assignment.
- Computer operation and software including word processing and spreadsheets
Possess a thorough knowledge of:
- Electrical construction materials, methods and practices
- Electrical codes
- Field Inspection procedures and practices including inspection documentation and recordkeeping
- Read and interpret plans, specifications, and blueprints for commercial buildings and one- and two-family dwellings. Detect deficiencies and violations in plans and construction, interpret technical drawings, and interpret electrical codes and ordinances.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written format
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Work under adverse weather conditions
- Perform the physical requirements of the position in conducting inspections
- Keep neat, accurate, and legible records
- Perform mathematical computations
- Work with computer software including word processing and spreadsheets
- Perform inspections in a thorough, efficient, and timely manner
- Explain technical information tactfully and courteously to contractors and general public
- Enforce and interpret regulations firmly and tactfully
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, architects, property owners, employees, and the public
- Train other employees in work performed
- Draw plan sketches and locate facilities
- Conduct research and produce technical writing
Must currently be a Wisconsin certified Master Electrician with the ability to obtain the State of Wisconsin Commercial Electrical Inspector certification.
Click Apply by 5/14/18 to be considered. EOE