Urban LADC Addiction Counselor I, II or III
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified candidate who will be responsible to develop, implement, provide, and monitor client treatment plans for alcohol, drugs, or other substances; provide individual and group interventions; direct care services; as well as provide continuing care services.
• Conducts comprehensive assessments on clients to determine appropriate needs.
• Coordinates treatment plan development to ensure identified issues are addressed in the written treatment plan.
• Coordinates on-going treatment planning and documents treatment progress of clients to ensure integrated treatment direction.
• Provides primary treatment and continuing care services to improve client’s wellbeing.
• Provides additional treatment services according to individual needs to ensure holistic, integrated treatment
• Maintains all forms of documentation, record keeping and reports to ensure records to meet provider and third party billing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to follow and apply the policies and procedures of the White Earth Substance Abuse Program and the White Earth Reservation Tribal Council.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for training, teaching and clinical supervision.
• Knowledge of chemical dependency, mental health, adolescent development and family relationships.
• Skilled in the operation of a personal computer, including related software such as Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Knowledge of tribal and county health and social services programs.
• Knowledge of the federal laws including Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA), Government regulations, federal privacy act and agency rules.
• Skills with developing positive rapport with clients, peers, parents, families, and community members.
• Certified as Addiction Counselor, I, II, OR III, or a person licensed as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor under licensing standards approved by Tribal Council or its designee.
• UMICAD or LADC certification through State of Minnesota Boar of Behavioral Health and Therapy.
• Must be Free of chemical use problems for at least two (2) years preceding hire.
• Valid Driver’s license and insurance for travel between sites and other related businesses.
• Prefer experience with Native American communities/people