Circle of Life Academy Elementary School Counselor
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified applicant who will be responsible for enhancing the learning environment for students by providing effective, personalized attention; engaging in appropriate instructional and behavior support and working closely with parents and other agencies to meet educational needs of the child.
• Provide individual and group counseling services for students that promote preventive and educational strategies to enhance cognitive, emotional, and behavioral development, effective decision-making skills, and resiliency capabilities of students.
• Adherence to a strict code of ethics in all communications and interactions with students, parents and/or guardians, families and colleagues.
• Create instructional and counseling opportunities that are adapted to students based on cultural background.
• Plan and manage counseling and guidance instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, student, the community and curriculum goals.
• Engage parent/guardian in child’s educational plan.
• Keep parent/guardian informed in their child’s progress.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of Circle of Life Academy, BIE and White Earth Reservation policies. • Knowledge of Circle of Life Academy curriculum.
• Knowledge of the White Earth Reservation demographics, culture, history, and lifestyles.
• Knowledge of the human service agencies, services they provide, and how to access those services.
• Skill at filing required student reports in a timely manner and skill at advocating for students.
• Skill at communicating both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to plan and facilitate individual and group counseling sessions.
• Ability to administer and evaluate student assessments.
• Ability to maintain a positive relationship with parents and/or guardians.
• Skilled in the operation of a personal computer, including related software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Demonstrated professional and technical knowledge.
• Proven understanding of growth and development levels.
• Prior successful experience in education desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in counseling.
• Will consider applicants with Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology and/or related field.
• Valid Driver’s License and insurance for travel between sites and other related businesses.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.