Circle of Life Academy Literacy/Reading Specialist
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified applicant who will be responsible for instructing students in an assigned subject area (literacy/reading) to ensure the mission of the school. Position outcomes:
• Interpret data and provide support to classroom teachers to improve instruction.
• Evaluate each student’s assessment data and record areas of strength and areas of needed growth.
• Work alongside teachers to develop specific plans based on data to support student learning.
• Support and nurture a team approach of instruction through co-teaching practices/coaching/collaboration with grade level teachers as part of COLA’s inclusive teaching model.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to follow and apply the policies and procedures of the White Earth Reservation Tribal Council and the Circle of Life Academy.
• Knowledge of demographics, culture, customs, lifestyles and geography of the White Earth Reservation.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism to ensure students and staff confidentiality.
• Ensure student, staff and school data is kept confidential in accordance with federal, state, and tribal rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of principles and methods of curriculum design and implementation, teaching and instruction of individuals and groups, and the measurement of teaching effects.
• Skills at using technology for data collection, reports, and student learning.
• Skills at communicating in a positive manner with students, staff, parents, and the community-at-large both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge and experience of Fountas & Pinnell and Literacy Collaborative model.
• Bachelors degree in subject area and level the candidate is hired to teach.
• Current Minnesota State Teaching License in subject area or areas and level the candidate is hired to teach.
• K-12 Reading License is strongly preferred but other appropriate license will be considered.
• Must have a valid MN Driver's License and proof of insurance for travel between sites.
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Apply for Circle of Life Academy Literacy/Reading Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly