Circle of Life Academy Special Education Teacher
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified applicant who will be responsible for instructing students in an assigned subject area to ensure the Mission of the school is met.
• Teach and case manage Special Education students.
• Create and maintain an atmosphere in the classroom that facilitates the learning process to ensure a high level of academic achievement for all students.
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with administration, teachers, support staff, parents, and students to ensure the needs of all students are being met and to maintain a positive and professional teaching and work atmosphere.
• Integrate and incorporate the Ojibwa Language and Culture into teaching units and lessons to ensure that all students receive instruction in the Ojibwe Culture.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism to ensure student and staff confidentiality.
• Comply with reporting standards regarding child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter for the safety of children.
• Comply with BIE Reporting Requirement to maintain a minimum attendance rate of 95% or better.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and the ability to follow and apply the policies and procedures of the White Earth Tribal Council and the Circle of Life Academy.
• Knowledge of the White Earth Reservation history, culture and lifestyles.
• Knowledge of principles and methods of curriculum design and implementation, teaching and instruction of individuals and groups, and the measurement of teaching effects.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual learning styles, and human motivation.
• Skills at using technology for data collection, reports, and student learning.
• Skills at communicating in a positive manner with students, staff, parents, and the communityat-large both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate student data.
• Ability to identify and apply creative teaching methods.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the subject area or areas and level the candidate is hired to teach.
• Current Minnesota State K-12 Special Education Teaching License in Developmental Cognitive Disabilities (DCD) or Academic Behavioral Strategist (ABS). Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) would be a bonus.
• Valid MN Driver’s License and Insurance.
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.