Head Start Home Visitor - Naytahwaush
The White Earth Head Start program is seeking qualified candidates to be responsible to guide and coordinate activities in the home and provide socializations for children and families to enhance educational and social attainment of served children primarily from 0 to 3 years of age and their families.
• Enhance the parents understanding of early childhood development to ensure the child’s intellectual, physical, emotional, and social needs are being met.
• Create and teach lessons in the home weekly that foster intellectual, emotional, physical, and nutritional components to enhance the caregiver’s abilities to teach their children.
• Provide caregivers information about resources and support them with transportation and phone use when needed.
• Plan and coordinate bi-monthly socializations to enhance the social capacity of served children and families.
• Complete paperwork and prepare information in accordance with department guidelines.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Knowledge of local laws and regulation regarding transportation of students.
• Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Talking to convey information effectively to groups or one-on-one with staff, communicating effectively in writing through routine reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Managing one's own time to meet programmatic deadlines.
• Associates degree in early childhood development or related field, or a home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as a part of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree; and,
• Demonstrate competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences and the implementation of home visiting curriculum.
• Valid MN commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a school bus and passenger endorsement, or the ability to obtain one within 45 days of hire and ability to obtain a CDL physical exam within 45 days of hire.
• Reliable vehicle and insurance for travel between sites and other business-related destinations.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Apply for Head Start Home Visitor - Naytahwaush
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly