Head Start Substitute
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified applicant who will be responsible for assisting the lead teacher in instructing preschool children in activities designed to promote social, physical, emotional, and intellectual growth needed for entering their next school placement.
• Assist the lead teacher teach lessons and activities to meet the needs of children in the classroom and on educational field trips.
• Help prepare lessons and materials and teach to class according to department guidelines and within appropriate developmental limits.
• Serve as a monitor on the bus during routes in the morning and/or afternoon to assist in compliance with all applicable laws and procedures to safely transport children.
• Complete paperwork and prepare information in accordance with department guidelines.
• Comply with reporting standards regarding child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter for the safety of children.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to follow and apply the policies and procedures of the White Earth Tribal Council and the White Earth Head Start Program.
• Knowledge of the White Earth Reservation demographics, culture, history and lifestyles.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of local laws and regulation regarding transportation of students.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
• The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to thirty pounds.
• High School Diploma or GED and experience working with young children.
• Prefer CDA Credential or post-secondary training or degree in early childhood education.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.