Head Start Teacher Assistant - White Earth
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is seeking a qualified candidate to assist the lead teacher in instructing preschool children in activities designed to promote social, physical, emotional, and intellectual growth needed for entering primary school and driving bus.
• Assist the lead teacher teach lessons and activities to meet the needs of children in the classroom and on educational field trips.
• Help prepare lessons and materials and teach to class according to department guidelines and within appropriate developmental limits.
• Drive, prepare and inspect the Head Start bus in accordance with all applicable laws to transport Head Start children and families safely.
• Complete paperwork and prepare information in accordance with department guidelines.
• Comply with reporting standards regarding child abuse or neglect as a mandated reporter for the safety of children.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to follow and apply the policies and procedures of the White Earth Reservation Tribal Council and the White Earth Head Start.
• Knowledge of the White Earth Reservation demographics, culture, history and lifestyles.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of local laws and regulation regarding transportation of students.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
• The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to thirty pounds.
• High School Diploma or GED and a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; or
• Enrolled in a program leading to an Associate or Bachelor degree; or
• Enrolled in a Child Development credential program to be completed within 2 years.
• Valid MN commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a school bus and passenger endorsement, or the ability to obtain one within 45 days of hire and ability to obtain a CDL physical exam within 45 days of hire.
• Reliable vehicle and insurance for travel between sites and other business related destinations.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening