Urban MAT Drug Counselor LADC I, II or III - Minneapolis
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified applicant who will be responsible for providing treatment services to clients with substance abuse/use problems in a group or individual therapy, and peer support for clients with substance abuse use.
• Provide outreach, assessment and treatment planning to clients.
• Complete Rule 25 Assessment.
• Facilitate/co-facilitate group therapy and peer support.
• Initiate, maintain, update and monitor treatment plans for clients.
• Assist in development of client treatment plan.
• Provide ongoing client assessment, matching changing needs with appropriate treatment.
• Provide crises intervention/prevention and follow-up services as needed.
• Assist counselors and treatment team in assuring that services provided to clients are reimbursed to the White Earth Substance Abuse Program.
• Administer urine/drug screens as necessary to clients.
• Participate in community communication through educational services.
• Communicates with internal and external sources to ensure program and organization is represented in a professional manner, creates and completes reports to comply with required agencies (internal and external).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles, method and procedures for diagnoses, treatment and rehabilitation.
• Knowledge of individual and group behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
• Knowledge of 12 core functions.
• Skilled in practicing the 6 performance domains.
• Knowledge of the pharmacology of addictions.
• Knowledge of White Earth Reservation demographics, culture, history, and other cultures and lifestyles.
• Ability to commutate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan and facilitate groups with effectively and confidently.
• Ability to role model professional, ethical, respectful, assertive behavior.
• skilled in the operations of a personal computer, including related software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and WE CARE.
• High School Diploma or GED and Level I, II, or III LADC certification through upper Midwest Indian Council on Addictive Disorders (UMICAD).
• Certified to do Rule 25 assessments or comprehensive assessment.
• CPR Certified or willing to obtain upon hire.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
• Free of chemical use problems for at least two (2) years preceding hire.
• Valid driver’s license and insurance for travel between sites and other business-related destinations.
Apply for Urban MAT Drug Counselor LADC I, II or III - Minneapolis
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly