Food Service Assistant (Chef/Cook)
The Food Service Assistant (Chef/Cook) will lead, in partnership with the Director of Food Service into the ministries next evolution of meal time hospitality. S/he will bring a mix of passion, creativity, and care to all aspects of the food service department. A strong orientation toward innovation and improvement is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Food Preparation
- Cook and serve nutritious and appealing meals
- Maintain quality food standards in taste, appearance, and nutrition, following the camp’s food philosophy.
- Provide alternative options for guests will special diets.
- Ensure that guests with food allergies are served safely and properly as needed.
- Provide sufficient quantities of food.
- See that all foods are prepared, served, and stored using proper safety and temperature guidelines.
2. Inventory, Ordering, and Meal Planning
- Assist the Food Service Director in the accurate tracking of onsite food availability.
- Ensure storage guidelines are followed and food is being properly turned over as storage dates apply.
- Provide feedback and support in the ordering of food and supplies balancing the emphasis of quality and economic considerations within the guidelines of the budget.
- Provide feedback and support in menu planning for both youth and adult groups and camps
- Train and coach summer kitchen staff
- In coordination with the Food Service Director, lead all kitchen activity for special events and fundraisers
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Supportive of the mission of Green Lake Lutheran Ministries.
- Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and good judgement in the areas of large-quantity cooking, retreat style cooking, nutrition, menu planning, food purchasing, food service, health and sanitation, and budget management.
- Able to prepare and serve tasty, nutritious meals in a clean and appealing manner
- Ability to meet and relate well with guests and campers
- Ability to attain ServSafe Food Manager Certificate (Paid for by GLLM)
- Ability to work well with others and to be a flexible member of a team
- Ability to take initiative and work well without close supervision.
- Ability to work weekends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to model radical hospitality.
Apply for Food Service Assistant (Chef/Cook)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly