OMC Care Coordinator
Coordinates the effective delivery of services to individuals needing substance abuse services to ensure timely Rule 25 assessments and entry into treatment programs or other substance abuse programs.
• Provide Intake, Screening, and emergency services to new clients.
• Conduct intakes and fill out paperwork based on intake qualifications.
• Facilitate care coordination amongst service providers to ensure that the individuals needs are satisfactorily being met.
• Implement WERTC holistic program services
• Assist CADC professionals to make referrals to treatment programs, secure treatment, and arrange transportation for clients.
• Communicates with internal and external sources to ensure program and organization is represented in a professional manner.
• Builds positive rapport with other tribal, county, service providers.
• Communicates with other professionals with regard to ensuring a comprehensive level of care.
• Documents client information according to internal policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of mental health, substance use disorders, and family relationships.
• Knowledge of the demographics, culture, customs, and geography of the White Earth Reservation and Native American people.
• Knowledge of tribal behavioral health, health and human services programs. • Skilled in verbal and non-verbal forms of communication.
• Knowledge of cultural activities in the community.
• Ability to build rapport and working relationships with cultural and ceremonial providers.
• Knowledge of sober support network in the community.
• AA in behavioral sciences or 2 years’ experience working in a health, education, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health, or human services site.
• Experience with substance abuse treatment preferred
• Experience with cultural activities preferred.
• Must be free of chemical abuse issues for 2 years consecutively prior to applying.
• Must pass drug screen at hire and throughout employment according to the White Earth HR policy.
• Valid MN driver’s license and insurance for travel between sites and other related businesses.
• Umicad certified preferred or willing to obtain certification with in one (1) year of hire.
• Rule 25 certified or must be willing ot obtain with in six (6) months of hire.