OMC Food Service Staff
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified candidate to be responsible for assisting in food preparation and food service duties in order to provide nutritional meals that meet all State and Federal Breakfast and Lunch Program Guidelines at the Oshki Manidoo Center in Bemidji Minnesota.
• Help prepare and serve meals to residents and staff.
• Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware as assigned by the Food Service Coordinator.
• Store food appropriately.
• Participates in meal preparation for special events such as picnics and holidays.
• Assists Food Service Coordinator in monitoring food inventory needs as menu indicates.
• Greets clients, families, other staff, tribal representatives, and the general public in a professional and friendly manner.
• All other duties as assigned by the Food Service Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
• Knowledge of and the ability to follow and apply the policies of the White Earth Tribal Council and the OMC Health Department.
• Knowledge of foods and their nutritional value.
• Knowledge of tribal, state and federal sanitation codes.
• Knowledge of federal laws including Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Skill in cooking nutritious and attractive meals for clients.
• Skill in basic body mechanics.
• Skilled in the operation of food service equipment.
• Ability to read menus and estimate amount of food required.
• Ability to organize work effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to lift moderately heavy containers of food and/or equipment.
• Knowledge of techniques and equipment for food preparation including storage and handling requirements.
• High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) year experience cooking in a public institution.
• ServSafe Certification or willing to obtain within one (1) year of hire.
• CPR certification or willing to obtain upon date of hire.
• If chemically dependant, must have a minimum of one (1) year of sobriety.
• Must be age 18, responsible, mature, healthy adult who is able to carry out the duties as assigned.
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, be insurable by agency driver insurance, and have adequate vehicle insurance for travel between sites and other business related destinations.
Apply for OMC Food Service Staff
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly