Urban Mental Health Case Manager
The White Earth Reservation Tribal Council is currently seeking a qualified applicant who
will be responsible for providing mental health targeted case management (MH-TCM)
services to adult clients with a serious and persistent mental illness and children with a severe
• Engage with clients from an empowerment, strength-based perspective and promote
client self-determination and develop trusting, respectful relationships with clients.
• Coordinate and advocate for services with other professionals and para-professionals.
• Complete documentation in the program’s electronic health record related to
authorization from MH-TCM services.
• Complete billing related documentation in the client’s electronic health record,
ensuring billing documentation is accurate and complete.
• Arrange for transportation of clients to appointments, community agencies, etc., as
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of demographics, culture, customs and geography of the White Earth
• Knowledge of Mental Health targeted case management services with an understanding
of local community resources and how to utilize these resources to meet client needs.
• Knowledge and understanding of the clinical work done in a community mental health
• Skilled in identifying and resolving problems independently in a variety of settings
with both clients and professionals within the community.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive rapport with a wide variety of clients and
• Skill in personal computer and related software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook), and internet.
• Bachelor’s Degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields, including but not
limited to social work, psychology, or nursing from an accredited college or university
or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a case manager associate.
• Valid Driver’s License and insurance for travel between sites and other related
• Must be able to pass a drug screening at hire and throughout the year.
Mail Applications to:
White Earth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 418
White Earth, MN 56591
Download Applications at: www.whiteearth.com
EEO with Native Preference.
A Drug Free Workplace – Tests for alcohol and illegal drug use may be required prior to and during employment.