Peer Support Specialist (2-positions)
The White Earth Tribal Council is seeking a qualified candidate to be an Peer
Support Specialist will serve as a role model, mentor, advocate and motivator to
recovering individuals and to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery.
• Implements recovery coach philosophies, interventions, and strategies.
• Provide Recovery support by mentoring, education, advocacy and not-clinical
• Provides Recovery Education to clients and family members to encourage family
• Promotes client’s self-advocacy in recovery goal development and planning.
• Assists clients and family with community connections and access to community
resources thorough case management, care coordination and community outreach.
• Maintains all forms of documentation and reports to ensure records to meet Provider
and third-party billing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the demographics, culture, customs and geography of the Native
American Ojibwe Culture.
• Knowledge of substance use disorder treatment philosophies and interventions
including family recovery.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnoses treatment and
rehabilitation for promoting behavioral change regarding individual, family and
• Knowledge and ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, and
reaching conclusions to solve problem
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related filed
• Minimum of 12-months total of successful full or part-time paid or voluntary related
work experience or have 24 credit hours of post-secondary education.
• Must be free of chemical use problems for minimum of 6-months immediately
preceding hiring and must sign a statement attesting to the fact and freedom from
chemical use problems must be maintained during employment.
• Must have a valid MN Driver’s License and insurance for travel between sites and
other business-related destinations.
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Send Applications to: White Earth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 418
White Earth, MN. 56591
Down load application at: www.whiteearth.com