ND SBDC Technical Assistant/Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) Business Advisor
Hiring Department: ND Small Business Development Centers - SBDC Technical Assistant/Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) – VBOC Business Advisor
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Status: $38,000/annual, Full-time, Benefitted, Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Regular hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Other hours will vary based on meeting/training events schedule and travel required.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The University of North Dakota is seeking applicants for the SBDC Technical Assistant and VBOC Business Advisor position. The North Dakota Small Business Development Centers and ND-SD Veterans Business Outreach Center are outreach programs of the College of Business and Public Administration. The ND SBDC is a partnership between the federal government (U.S. Small Business Administration), State of North Dakota (Commerce Department) and North Dakota University System (University of North Dakota), providing training and technical assistance to entrepreneurs and small businesses within the state. The ND-SD VBOC is a related program serving specifically veterans and servicemembers and their families, in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration and local resource partners in both North and South Dakota. This tasks of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with planning, scheduling, facilitation and marketing of Boots to Business (B2B) and B2B “Reboot” training events in North Dakota and South Dakota, including securing appropriate presenters, facilities and other event related logistics, tracking attendees, issuing and collecting evaluations and appropriate follow-up
- Provide information, training and one-on-one individualized assistance, and any required follow-up tasks to eligible SBDC and VBOC clients in all facets of starting, managing and growing a small business, in cooperation and cross-referral with other resource partners
- Assist with SBDC and VBOC public relations, program marketing, stakeholder relations, maintaining resource partner relationships and referral sources, and funds development efforts
- Support program service delivery of both the SBDC and VBOC programs, maintain and enhance program-related systems, procedures and processes to help ensure that the SBDC and VBOC programs meet or exceed program goals
- Provide input on program policies and procedures, strategic planning, service delivery, training components, reporting tools and mechanisms, and management issues
- Support department leadership and alignment of the department’s strategic direction and vision, and special projects or other activities as requested by supervisor
- Develop and attend professional development trainings and workshops to enhance understanding and skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to client satisfaction and a high regard for others and completing tasks on time
- Will use strong communication, client and community relations skills
- Will work both independently under supervision and as part of a collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability to learn, explain and provide general knowledge of programs to clients, referral sources and others
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, facilitate and present training programs/events in various locations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, deploy and execute multiple programs, projects and tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking (in front of large and diverse audiences)
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Management or another relevant field of study and minimum two years full-time experience that is relevant to this position and its multi-faceted responsibilities related to business operations, financial analysis and business advising
- Experience with entrepreneurial and small business programs / client advising / military service
- Extensive experience with the operations of computers and software, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Conference call and/or webinar applications, and the ability to learn new database/MIS systems quickly
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Management or another relevant field of study
- Military service or military-related experience
- Experience in business ownership or management
- Experience with web-design programs, Adobe, and Dropbox
- Experience with on-line training resources and virtual communication systems (example: Skype for Business)
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.