Admitting Clerk - Part-time
Lakewood Health System has an opening for an Admitting Clerk.
This is a part-time position working 48 hours every two weeks. Shifts will be a combination of day and evening shifts. Must be willing to work every other weekend and some holidays.
The Admitting Clerk is responsible for timely and accurate registration of Emergency Room patients. This candidate will be representing Lakewood Health System in a professional manner by providing excellent customer service. This position is also responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all in-take patient admission documentation. The Admitting Clerk will be answering, directing and acting as a patient advocate over the phone and in person.
Ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, be detailed oriented, extremely organized and have the ability to pay attention to details. This position is based in our Emergency Room setting and the ideal candidate needs to be able to use critical thinking skills and have the ability to respond quickly in urgent situations.
1. High school graduate or GED
2. Computer literacy required; Knowledge of Encompass (Epic) preferred
3. Prior medical knowledge a plus, but not required.
4. Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks.
5. Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve a high level of accuracy and be detail-oriented, good organizational skills, analytical, strong problem solving/investigative skills, make independent judgments, and ability to be self-directed, as well as contribute to a team effort.
6. Demonstrates ability to cope with interruptions, remember pertinent guidelines, policies and procedures.
7. Must have well developed skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication, grammar and spelling.
8. Must have excellent customer service skills; one year customer service experience in a Healthcare setting preferred.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Lakewood Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans) and Equal Opportunity Provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and protected veteran status. Lakewood Health System is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace.