Assists in coordinating and monitoring activities of workers engaged in the production process by performing the following duti
- Oversees section of production line pertaining to training, quality, workmanship, productivity, recovery, sanitation, safety and employee practices.
- Ensures properuse of protective gear, safe operation of machinery, and safe use of chemical cleaning agents.
- Reports continuing performance and attendance issues to supervisor.
- Receives and answers questions from workers pertaining to production processes or equipment operation.
- Monitors and expedites flow of materials within production area and makes adjustments when necessary.
- Notifies maintenance workers of equipment malfunctions.
- Tends or operates machines or equipment on production line to substitute for absentee workers.
- Maintains product workflow records.
- Assures compliance with all safety and production practices.
- Trains workers in equipment operation and in processing and safety procedures.
- Communicates with Supervisors, and other Lead personnel any problems or concerns.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Assist in all loading and unloading operations at the start and end of all trips.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software..
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must be able to climb or descend one or more set of steep stairs or vertical ladders both inside or outside in all weather conditions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. May be required to distinguish shades of color to identify abnormalities and/or defects in food products.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran