Chief Digital Marketing Officer
Forum Communications seeks to create a new position, Chief Digital Marketing Officer, which will assist the CEO in a transformation to a digital customer-centric organization.
The CDMO will develop and lead a new marketing organization, and create a digital product team concentrating on our newly enhanced digital products. This role will propel the development of our growing audience and create a scalable new revenue stream of paying digital subscribers. You must be obsessed with the customer, be able to influence the organization to do the same and will lead the development of the ever-changing marketing approaches and technologies to react to consumer behaviors.
Strong focus on defining the customer journey from all phases of the buying cycle will also be a high priority. This position will work closely with all facets of our organization including news, featured content, advertising, circulation, technology, and operations.
Primary duties include:
- Direct the development of the digital and customer-centric strategy.
- Develop an ongoing marketing strategy that emphasizes all aspects of the customer experience through the buying funnel.
- Work with team members to clearly outline ongoing retention strategy and tactics.
- Drive acquisition strategy of customers
- Optimize customer experience on all levels of interaction.
- Suggest, collaborate, and implement change based on dynamic market conditions.
- Establish, track, and report on Key Performance Indicators using Google Analytics and other analytical tools as available.
- Identify content trends and audience engagement signals.
- Work closely with the customer service team to understand customer needs.
- Monitor user sentiment to further define marketing strategy.
- Develop newsletter strategy to attract and retain subscribers.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a digital marketing leadership role.
- Experience with transformation and tactical digital experience.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Obsession with the customer.
- Ability to develop new revenue streams.
- Deep knowledge of the digital landscape.
- The ability to interact successfully in a cross-functional team setting is required.
- Knowledge of human resource/supervisory rules and policies.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.