RiverTown Multimedia is accepting applications for a Regional Editor. This position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and guiding the news teams at multiple locations with an overall circulation of 33,000.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs all activities of a department within the newsroom or the newsroom department.
- Assists with the coordination and management of Editorial staff and news products.
- Supervises employees within the department, establishes schedules, interviews, hires and trains.
- Conducts performance reviews and assists with news budgets.
- Assists in planning news coverage and making decisions about print and online content.
- May direct major news breaking stories.
- Reads and evaluates material submitted for publication.
- Works with others to assign and ensure deadlines are met.
- Meets with the news team to plan coverage and long-range news stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a journalism degree, or equivalent experience, from a four-year college.
- Must have one to three years of journalism experience at a newspaper.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.
- Knowledge of supervisory rules and policies.
- Knowledge of AP Style, the Freedom of Information Act and open meeting laws.
- Exceptional strong communication and organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively direct and present information to employees and management.
- Ability to promote teamwork and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to increase online reporting and grow digital audience.
- Passionate approach to producing strong community journalism and incorporating enterprise reporting.
- Follow best practices and ethics of responsible journalism.