Family Planning Receptionist
Hiring Department: Center for Family Medicine-Bismarck, ND
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $28,500 plus/year, Full-time, Benefited, Non-exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual, and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Answer phones
- Schedule appointments
- Assist clients with prescription pick-ups
- Send and receive faxes
- Assist clients with completion of Release of Information documents
- Prepare for upcoming appointments; print out schedules, make appointment reminder calls, prepare paperwork for appointments
- Check clients in for appointments and prepare paperwork for exam
- Check clients out after appointments and assist with client payment
- Record client information into Ahlers software system
- Make copies, assemble packets, and collate as needed
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time effectively, and set goals and objectives
- Clean waiting room area as necessary
- Scan various forms into electronic medical record system
- Request and collect balances due from patients at time of registration
- Print and mail client billing statements
- Call patients to request payment when classified as a "phone only" contact
- Post payments into software system
- Process credit card payments according to policy
- Reconcile cash drawer and software report and prepare funds for deposit
- Accurately follow clinic cash handling policy
- Professional telephone etiquette and proficiency
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all respects with information acquired in the course of performing job duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability work closely with faculty and resident physicians
- Ability to work with patients and the public in a professional, confidential, and calm fashion
- Ability to muli-task while maintining attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- One year experience as a receptionist; preferably in a medical setting
- Experience maintaining a cash till
- Data entry experience, with an accounts receivable preference
- Successful completion of chriminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.