Director of Operations - Women's Basketball Program
Hiring Department: Athletics Departmant - Women's Basketball Program
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $27,079 annual, full-time benefitted, exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The University of North Dakota is seeking applicants for the Women’s Basketball Director of Operations position. This position will direct day-to-day operations for the UND women’s basketball program including, but not limited to:
- Overseeing all administrative aspects of the program
- Arranging all team travel
- Serve as summer camp director
- Assisting with management of team budget and equipment budget
- Coordinate year-end functions
- Serve as liaison with REA staff concerning our team and visiting team practice and game
- Coordinate championship travel/post season participation in NCAA, WNIT, WBI.
- Other duties assigned by head coach
Must have a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations. Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing logistics of team travel
- Experience working with coaching staff on coordinating all aspects of prospective student-athlete official visits, coaches recruiting travel, recruiting weekends, and overall recruiting coordination within NCAA bylaws
- Experience as lead in all aspects of basketball camps
- Experience managing day-to-day calendar and coordinate with external staff
- Experience serving as a liaison with visiting teams
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience managing social media content for program
- Experience serving as liaison between the Women’s Basketball program and Athletic Administration including facilities, marketing and promotions, game operations, athletic training, strength and conditioning, nutrition, and media relations
- Experience managing team budget, including travel
- Experience managing day-to-day expenses and projections as related to the budgeting process
- Experience with managing ACS Account
- Experience with marketing and promotions
- Experience budgeting/ordering/distributing equipment for the WBB program
- Experience educating student athletes and monitoring adherence to all rules and guidelines, academic liaison
- Experience with alumni and community relations and outreach
- Experience coordinating and managing CARA Hours
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.